Monday, September 7, 2009

department meeting

Very small department compared to what I'm used to, maybe 8 faculty members. I have no linguistics background or I would have MA thesis advisees as they divided them up today. Otherwise, talk about a conference on the Caribbean (sp?) that the department is hosting in October, a university journal focusing on the English and Humanities Department in its Dec volume, and could I have an article done by the end of the month on autobiography? Mostly polishing syllabi and photocopying. Copyright law is pretty much not recognized here. Books on the shelves in the library are photocopied.

Still so hot and humid. Coming home after two half hours in rickshaws leaves me fried. That's when I take advantage of the air-conditioned room.

No comments:

Post a Comment