Tuesday, June 22, 2010

home again, my friends

Indeed, we are in Minnesota.

The last week was crazy busy between the online classes, packing and saying goodbye. Did I mention the party the ambassador gave for all of the Fulbrighters, coming and going? A great opportunity to see the folks who were still in Dhaka. Then there was a Fulbright seminar at the American Center where the younger scholars presented their research.




And lunch with my officemate after the Fulbright seminar, and a different lunch with so many of my colleagues, at Cinnamon, of course.



I didn't take pictures at Tracey's sweet goodbye party, but this is one of us after the boys went to one of their proms.



Leaving was --- I don't know what to say, so maybe I'll just leave it at that. Landing was complicated by being very sick for a week at home, but now I'm easing back in to a previously familiar place. Not sure where I'm going from here, not back to the old blog and it doesn't seem right to continue notes from Dhaka when I'm just not there. I'll figure it out and find a forwarding address. cheers.

3 comments:

  1. It must be lovely (and yet disorienting) to be home after so many months away. Welcome back stateside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful final note from Dhaka. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete