Tuesday, April 27, 2010

short notes

* sunrises have been beautiful lately. love my east window, even if it's 5:30am when the light streams in.

* will be teaching for 2 weeks in May since my colleague who is replacing me for one of the classes is very sick and on leave until June. not going to be full-time, just going in twice a week for 2 hours.

* we had a bat last night that got hit by the fan in the dining room. I thought it was a giant bug and sprayed it. poor thing limped to the kitchen and I pushed it out onto the balconey with the broom. it died in Matan's lunchbox which was full of water and bleach since it had come home with very very old banana in it.

* still no final decision on the cello shipping. after 20+ emails from Singapore Air we have a price and an agreement appended to Shaked's ticket LA-Dhaka. now we need an answer from our airline from Dhaka to Chicago. they've been promising an answer since last week. Case has to be sent from MN to LA very very soon, if it's going to go.

* If anyone in Dhaka wants a cello, please let me know! I've tried my contacts and haven't found any takers.

* Shaked will be here soon! Looking forward to showing her many sights, and discovering new things that I haven't had time for yet.

That's about all for today. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Allie Mae would have loved a pet "BAT" but it is gone on to the next life.
    You do have the strange experiences!!
    Safe travels for Shaked...Love to All Mom

    ReplyDelete